0.11.16 Thursday, 2/10/2014
- Release for 32 bit linux. This release includes language and performance improvements. See release notes page.
0.11.11 Sat, 26/07/2014
- Release for 64 bit linux. This is mostly the same as the Windows version.
0.11.5 Sun, 20/04/2014
- The main change is a common display widget shared with the Android port. This provides vertical scrolling and multi-screen support.
- The File/Export command allows you to develop SmallBASIC programs on your desktop computer, then export and run them directly on your Android device.
0.10.7 Tue, 18/05/2010
- Remembers the current size of the main window after closing.
- Feature to prevent the compiler errors from scrolling off the screen.
- Fixed bug with SELECT CASE syntax
- Fixed a bug with mouse coordinates
0.10.6 Tue, 15/12/2009
- Fix for Matrix inversion bug
- Fix for Scientific notation bug
- Updated editor tool-bar
- Implemented a new log window which can also be used as the output window when working with text only programs.
0.10.5 Fri, 09/04/2009
- Update the window layout/design
0.10.4 Wed, 08/05/2009
- Updated DOFORM API (see previous forum comments).
- Updated memoryTest.bas and calc.bas samples showing how to use the updated DOFORM API
- Implemented the ability to set the editor font and syntax colors.
- Implemented a variant of the “ELIF” statement, “ELSE IF”
- The file open widget now displays sorted columns
- Updated internal variables to be 64 bits wide.
- Partial fix for inverse bug caused by a divide by zero error of intermediate results. The final return value can still be skewed due to rounding.
0.10.2 Fri, 28/11/2008
- PEN statement now returns correct coordinates
- Implements a new editor command for renaming variables
- Package includes additional sample programs
0.10.1 Sat, 16/08/2008
- Allows you to open multiple editor tabs.
- Drag and drop files from windows explorer into the File widget.
- Hide editor mode which (sort of) makes your program appear as a standalone application
- Updated online Help system integrated with this web site.
- Includes various language enhancements described in the previous article.
0.9.7 – Sunday 5 February 2006 (2K/XP)
- Updated with latest FLTK changes.
- Added SELECT/CASE syntax.
- Toolbar hotkeys: CTRL+f=find, CTRL+g=goto, CTRL+h=funclist.
- Fixed socket functionality for XP build.
- HTML Widget now supports text selection/clipboard copy.
- TLOAD command supports file number or a filename. It can also now be used to read an entire web page. Refer to the snarf.bas sample file.
- Variables that end with a keyword name (eg str_len) are no longer color-ised with the keyword color.
- The toolbar now lives at the bottom of the editor window.
- Font size (increase/decrease) is now a menu option and also operates on HTML output windows.
0.9.6.4 – Sunday 4 September 2005 (2K/XP)
- Added Open Recent File menu option.
- Fixed problem with output tab resizing (FLTK v2 co-evolution).
- Fixed problem with RGB color display.
- Updated editor color handling.
- Reworked PEN and PEN handling. No longer tied to Turbo option.
- Keyboard handler now correctly initialised at program start.
- Implemented visual bracket matching indicator.
- Updated for FLTK API changes.
- FORM buttons no longer display outside the FORM bounds.
- CTRL+F key sequence sets focus to toolbar search. Can now also press ENTER from the search and goto-line boxes to return focus to the editor.
- Executes $HOME/.smallbasic/init.bas at program startup. This allows you to specifiy alternative environment settings such as INDENT_LEVEL.
- Indent now defaults to 2 spaces.
- Added ‘choice’ option to form buttons.
- Added box and background color options to the FORM conrol.
- Included “Memory Test” sample application.
- FORM widgets can now be modeless. Call DOFORM with a single argument prior to calling TEXT or BUTTON to enter the modeless state, use a PEN loop to drive the internal system event handler, then test if a BUTTON variable equals 1 indicating a button press.
0.9.6.3 – Sunday 17 July 2005 – hbtm :) (2K/XP)
- Keyword completion. Position the cursor at the end of a partially entered keyword then press ALT+’/” until the desired keyword appears.
- Change cASE command – cycles between ‘CASE’, ‘case’ and ‘Case’ styles. Position the cursor on a keyword then press ALT+‘c’ until the desired Case style appears.
- Context help. Position the cursor on a keyword then press F1.
- Sub-Func toolbar search tool. Click the “Update” item to scan for Sub/Funcs. The list is then populated with search items allowing you to quickly navigate around the current file.
- Adjustable editor font size.
0.9.6.2 – Sunday 12 June 2005 (Linux)
- Updated toolbar.
0.9.6.1 – Monday 16 May 2005 (2K/XP)
- New improved HTML widget including GUI support. Allows for separation of UI and program logic. Included Calculator example.
- Integrated indexed help text.
- Smart line indentation.
0.9.6.0 – Saturday 18 Dec 2004 (2K/XP)
- Syntax high-lighting: keywords functions procedures comments.
- New/updated commands, see below.
- Support for Plug-ins. Allows the editor to be extended with programs written in SmallBASIC.